Location – Allia Future Business Centre Cambridge & Allia C&C offices, London
Hours – Full Time, 35 hours / 5 days per week
Reports to – Group Head of Marketing Communications
Salary – Circa £32,000 depending on experience
Want to join an award-winning financial services firm with a difference? Develop your career in marketing by promoting our work building the responsible investment market and helping borrowers to grow and do more good.
You’ll be part of a busy marketing team and be fully immersed in promoting our responsible finance services, through which we connect investors with organisations making positive social impact.
Our team has arranged finance for a wide range of borrowers, from charities to commercial businesses to public sector bodies – and we want to reach more investors and more borrowers so that we can grow, and help responsible investors support even more impact-led businesses. With offices in London, Cambridge and Glasgow, we offer a full range of advisory and arranging services to borrowers alongside intelligence and brokerage services for investors.
Allia C&C is part of Allia, a charity that will celebrate its 25th anniversary this year. It supports good businesses and charities through workspace, business support programmes and social finance.
- Working with the Group Head of Marketing Communications to plan & drive targeted campaigns, using the full marketing mix including social media, website, advertising, PR, literature and events
- Oversee social media accounts, update websites & landing pages – plus analysis and reporting of digital activities using Google Analytics
- Creating literature, adverts and collateral using Adobe InDesign, Canva and other programmes
- Creating email newsletters using Mailchimp and reporting on engagement
- Writing content & news interviewing the team and clients for blogs and case studies, and liaising with key media for PR opportunities
- Create an events calendar and plan, promote and attend key conferences, reporting on engagement and leads
- Record and report on activities for monthly marketing report and quarterly board report
- Managing third party relationships with freelancers and agencies
You’ll be a competent marketing professional with at least 3 years’ experience of working in a busy marketing team under your belt, and a desire to develop your marketing career in a financial services firm with a difference.
You’ll be able to coordinate a number of fast-paced campaigns at the same time, to achieve specific goals, within agreed budgets, and measure their effectiveness and value.
You will be strong in digital marketing, but also have experience of the full range of marcomms skills, such as copy writing and editing, designing basic literature and social media assets, organising events and dealing with agencies.
Networking should come naturally to you, as should finding effective ways to promote our work and capture marketing opportunities as they arise. You will feel comfortable working with our C&C team in our London office, as well as the rest of our Allia team based in Cambridge, where our marketing team is based.
- Prior knowledge of financial services, particularly fixed income, is desirable
- Degree qualified or relevant experience in a marketing communications role
- An understanding of financial services and financial markets
- Good IT knowledge (Microsoft Office) with experience of WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Hootsuite
- Experience of using social media for marketing, both paid for and organic
- Strong at creating engaging and well written communications
- Excellent team working skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task, and have a keen eye for detail
- Proactive with a high level of initiative being able to work alone and suggest ideas & improvements to the team
- Excellent communication skills and a high standard of written & spoken English
- Have worked in a financial services firm before
- Have experience of managing budgets, and tracking and monitoring expenditure
- Adept at photography and video creation and editing
- Have an understanding of CRM and how to manage, segment and utilise contact data
- Company pension scheme; free on-site parking (Cambridge/Peterborough); Bike2Work Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Various discounts, a Healthcare cash plan, wellness programme, electric car lease scheme through salary sacrifice (subject to eligibility) and more
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working
- Casual dress
- Previously awarded the best not for profit employer in the Eastern Region
- Be a part of a community that drives innovation with a focus on addressing environmental and social challenges
We are committed to equality and diversity for our ventures, tenants, colleagues, volunteers, trustees and supporters. We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to the communities in which we serve. We are working to increase diversity and would particularly welcome applications from groups that are currently under-represented, including those from a BAME background.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV with a supporting covering letter highlighting your skills and experience along with why we should consider you for the role and your salary expectations to email@example.com Applications will not be considered without this information.
Closing date for applications is 9th March 2024. However early application is encouraged, as we will be interviewing strong candidates as they apply.