This privacy notice explains how Allia C&C Ltd adheres to the six principles of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What information do we collect about you and why?
Allia C&C collects and uses personal data on the basis that it is in its legitimate interests to do so, for example to keep records of transactions and to provide a service to its clients.
We collect information via our account application process and throughout our relationship with you in order to comply with regulation and for the purpose of providing services to you. The provision of your personal data is required in order for us to provide services to you, however the provision of information for marketing purposes is voluntary.
We record and may monitor phone calls made to or by us in order to comply with regulatory obligations. Automated decision making may be used in order to comply with our KYC/AML checks or to evidence that we are providing a suitable and appropriate service to our clients.
Personal data collected may include anything required to facilitate a contract with you, including your name, personal or work email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, records of responses to campaigns, information relating to our contract/service with you as well as how you came to find us or about our services or events. We also keep a record of our mailing lists to which you may have subscribed.
This data, whether it is held on paper, digitally or via other media, will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the Data Protection Act 2018.
How we user your personal or professional information (legal basis for processing)
We will only use your data for a specific purpose and only hold the information for as long as is necessary. We may collect and use your data for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract, we have with you and to provide you with the services requested;
- For the fulfilment of a legal or compliance obligations for business, accounting and tax purposes;
- For our own legitimate interests which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Day to day business operations of Allia C&C
- Fulfilment of externally funded contracts
- Targeted marketing campaigns
How long do we keep this information?
If you are not a client of ours, we will keep your information for a year after we last heard from you. If you ask us to remove you from our marketing list, we may keep your personal details on an “opted-out” list in order to ensure that we do not market to you again.
If you are or were a Allia C&C client, we keep most of your information for 7 years after closure of your account. Where required by law or regulation, we keep recordings of telephone conversations with you for a minimum of 5 years after they took place and for up to 7 years where requested by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Who do we share your information with?
- our IT providers and services providers in order to provide and maintain the provision of our services;
- our appointed auditors, accountants, lawyers and other professional advisers, to the extent that they require access to the information to provide advice;
- fraud prevention agencies and other organisations to allow us to undertake the relevant checks;
- the Financial Conduct Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, or any relevant regulatory authority where they are entitled to require disclosure;
- if required to do so to meet applicable law, the order of a Court or market rules and codes of practice applicable to the circumstances at the time;
- relevant authorities to investigate or prevent fraud or activities believed to be illegal or otherwise in breach of applicable law;
- if tax regulations require us to collect information about tax residency, then in certain circumstances (including if we do not receive a valid self-certification from you), we may be obliged to share information about your account with the relevant tax, payments and customs authority, who may pass this on to tax authorities in other jurisdictions;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if Allia C&C assets are acquired by a third party, the personal information we hold may be one of the transferred assets.
- we may share your information with other Allia Group companies for administrative purposes.
We will not lend or sell your information to third parties
Your personal information may need to be shared with our service providers, which may involve transferring it to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we do so, we will ensure that we do this in accordance with current data protection legislation by only transferring your data to jurisdictions in respect of which there is a European Commission adequacy decision or, where this is not the case, by using model clauses which have been approved by the European Commission.
If you agree, we may send you information about our products and services by email which may be of interest to you. Where it is in our legitimate interests, we may send you information about our products and services by post. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may still opt out at a later date. We may also use your name and address to send you invitations to events.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us using the information at the end of this notice.
Where do we store your information and how is it kept safe
Internet communication, which includes email, is not secure. We cannot accept any responsibility for unauthorised access by a third party or for the loss, theft or modification of data while it is being sent to us by email. For security purposes we may monitor emails received or issued by us. In cases when we use external websites provided by other organisations such as Twitter, YouTube or Facebook, then we would ask you to consult their privacy policies.
You have certain rights in respect of the data we hold relating to you. Details of these rights can also be found on the Information Commissioner’s website. You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you in a portable format or otherwise, to request rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing of the information we hold about you, and to object to processing or to automated decision making. Please note that the application of these rights vary according to the legal basis used to process your data. In certain circumstances we are required to retain copies of information we hold about you by other regulations. In this instance we will not be able to erase or modify the data.
In order to exercise these rights or if you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the Chief Operating Officer using the information at the end of this notice.
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate. However if at any time after giving us this information it becomes out of date, then we ask you to notify us directly and we shall remove or amend the information within a reasonable time frame and in accordance with legislative requirements.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in March 2023. We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time and we will advise you when we make any substantial update to it.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy notice or the information we hold about you please contact us at email@example.com or by post at the address below:
Chief Operating Officer
Allia C&C Ltd