Hours: 35 hours, full-time, with study leave as required
Benefits: 25 days annual holiday – plus one day for each completed year of service as at 31 December, up to a maximum of 30 days.
Based: 1 in Cambridge (at Allia Future Business Centre) / 1 in London (at Allia C&C)
Start date: Flexible
Allia is the UK’s leading organisation dedicated to helping impact ventures to thrive. Allia supports those that aim to make positive change and address the most pressing global and local challenges: through flexible workspace, networking and community in its Future Business Centres (in Cambridge, London and Peterborough); its business support programmes; and social finance solutions to help charities create greater impact.
In the last 20 years, we have helped 2,099 ventures to start-up, grow and scale, which have launched new innovations and companies, creating 4,969 jobs and we have issued bonds raising over £554 million to help charitable organisations with development projects and activities.
Our people are pivotal to our success and we have grown expediently. Our team is over 50 strong in 4 locations and we continue to add to this number. We are an equal opportunities employer who embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible working. In fact, we are the best not-for-profit employer for employee engagement in the Eastern region. We offer a great working environment, true team working ethos, great benefits and much more.
We are different: a charity working in property and financial services; a small company with big ambition. We are looking for someone who shares our values and our aspiration.
Allia is looking for 2 finance trainees to join a small, friendly accounts team. One will be based in London and one in Cambridge, with some crossover. You will get exposure to all aspects of accounting and enjoy a work/life balance with a chance to make a real contribution to an ambitious, dynamic and growing organisation with a social purpose.
Allia is an expanding organisation with a focus on internal career progression. This is a fantastic opportunity to train as an accountant (AAT / ACA or ACCA, as appropriate) while gaining a thorough grounding in all aspects of accounting, book-keeping, management reporting and financial reporting. The opportunity to take responsibility and become a contributing member of the team will be determined only by your ability and ambition.
We will supply funding for you to study towards the appropriate professional qualification, provide time off to attend college and support from your line manager.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Provide the Finance team with appropriate finance and administrative support.
• Deal with queries from team members, other departments, clients and suppliers.
• Record transactions on our accounting software (Sage) such as bank accounts, sales, purchases and salaries.
• Assist with the processing of financial transactions, particularly bank reconciliations, customer invoices and collection, supplier invoices and payments.
• Support our qualified accountants in the preparation of regular internal and external financial reports.
• Take part in appropriate training and staff development.
• Perform other duties appropriate to the job as required.
As a member of the Finance team you will work with the rest of our organisation, providing the support
needed to help us grow and succeed. You will need to:
• Be a team player.
• Be highly numerate.
• Communicate effectively.
• Maintain a professional working relationship with all internal and external customers.
• Attend all training courses as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes Required
Entry as a graduate or school leaver is possible; your training and responsibilities will be tailored
accordingly. In either case, we will be looking for:
• At least a Level 4 in both Mathematics and English Language GCSE. (or equivalent)
• Studied to A Level (or equivalent) in Mathematics or another numerical subject.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & willingness to learn new computer programmes.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Flexibility, and a can-do attitude.
• An active listener, asking questions when necessary.
• A professional approach to work
• An ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter, explaining why you want to work for us and how
you meet our criteria, to: email@example.com
You are encouraged to apply early, as interviews may be scheduled without delay.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.